Your shopping cart is empty!
the basis on which any personal data, including but not limited to payment details
and other information we collect from you or other sources or that you provide
to us ("Information") will be handled by us in connection with your
access and use of www.lapoochie.com (collectively,
the "Platform"), services and applications (collectively, the
"Services"). We understand the importance you place on the
Information, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your
Information. By using our Services, you agree to the handling of your
Policy to "we", "our" or "us" (or similar) are
references to lapoochie.com Owned By DISCOUNT HOUSE UK LTD. References to
"user" or "you" (or similar) are references to you as an individual
or legal entity as the case may be.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Information about you:
a. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform, including information provided at
the time of registering to use our Platform and other co- registrations (e.g. social media logins), subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further services;
b. the Information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion via our Platform, provide reviews, testimonials or feedback on our Platform;
c. Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem with our Platform;
d. a record of correspondence if you contact us;
e. general, aggregated, demographic and non-personal Information;
f. if you download or use our mobile application, we may have access to details about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device;
g. details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders;
h. details about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, "Cookies"));
i. your email address from a third party if you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us; and
j. any other Information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the Platform.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use Information held about you in the following ways:
a. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
b. to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalised content;
c. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and another entity using our Platform or between you and us;
d. to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you;
e. to ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our Platform;
f. to notify you about changes to our Services;
g. for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Platform;
h. to administer and manage our incentives programs and fulfill your requests for incentives, and/or to allow you to participate in sweepstakes and to notify you if you are a sweepstakes winner.
TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
a. Other Businesses. To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers (e.g. logistics businesses used to deliver products to you, marketing companies, payments processers to process online transactions, etc.). We may involve other businesses in your transactions, who may store your Information in a digital wallet to make your use of our Services more efficient.
You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant Information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your Information for other purposes. We may also receive Information from these business (e.g. updated delivery and address information), which we may use (e.g. to correct our records and deliver your next purchase). By using our Platform, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are affiliates of us and/or non-affiliated service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Information.
b. Marketing and Promotional Offers. We may also use your Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and enhance your Platform experience, service messages, new features, enhancements, special offers and events of interest. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, post, telephone, in app messages and news feed cards.
We may permit third parties to use your Information. For example, we may provide advertisers Information to help them reach the kind of audience they want to target and to enable us to comply with our commitments to our advertisers (e.g. by displaying their advertisements to a target audience). Additionally, you may be asked to provide additional Information to participate in some of our market research activities, including competitions and promotions. For example, if you win a competition, you may be asked to provide further personal data to establish your eligibility and provide you with the prize. This Information may be collected by us or our co-sponsors or vendors for the promotion. Note that you should review such third parties’ privacy policies to see how they may use any information that they collect.
c. Business Transfers. In the event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
d. Protection of Our Platform and Others. We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Note that our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these
websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to these websites.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES WE APPLY
example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND AMMEND YOUR INFORMATION?
You are able to access a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the Platform for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating your Information.
Examples of information you can access easily at the Platform include:
a. up-to-date information regarding recent orders;
b. personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences);
c. payment settings (including credit card information); and
d. e-mail notification settings.
You can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by adjusting your
customer communication preferences, through live chat or the unsubscribe link within the email communication. For marketing via your mobile application, you will need to adjust your notifications
settings in the general section of your mobile.
Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our Platform and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilise all aspects of the Platform. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our Platform works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Platform or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your Site experience. We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
1. Like many websites, the Site uses 'cookie' technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Site, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
2. The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you. Cookies help us improve your experience of the Site and also help us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
ABOUT OUR SITE
The Site is an e-commerce platform that allows individuals and enterprise entities to buy products.
We reserve the right to introduce new Services and update or withdraw any of the Services, in our sole discretion, and we will not be liable to you for exercising this discretion.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
1. You are eligible to register as a buyer and benefit from the Services if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
a. for buyers:
i. you are above the legal age for purchasing products in your country of residence; and
ii. you are able to provide an address in the UK or EU for delivery of products.
2. In order to register to the Site, you will need to provide us with certain information. Your registration to the Site
may not be accepted if you do not provide us with the required information. We reserve the right to decline any registration without further explanation. We reserve the right to undertake such checks as are necessary to verify your identity.
2. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
1. When using or accessing the Services, you agree that you:
3. are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of, and restricting access to and use of your account and password, and accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password;
. agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security;
a. will provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your use of the Services as required by us;
b. will not disclose to any third party (except as required or requested by us) a user’s information provided to you; and
c. will cooperate with our requests for additional information with respect to your eligibility and usage of our Services.
2. When using or accessing the Services, you agree that you will not:
. post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate or prohibited categories or areas on our Site, including:
. content or items that may be considered culturally or religiously offensive in any way;
i. content or items which may not be considered to be in compliance with general local law, Islamic law, rules, morals, values, ethics and traditions;
ii. content or items that may threaten national security;
iii. content or items which may constitute or be considered to promote gambling;
iv. securities, including shares, bonds, debentures, or any other financial instruments or assets of any
v. living or dead creatures and/or the whole or any part of any animal which has been kept or preserved by any means whether artificial or natural;
vi. weapons of any description;
vii. liquor, tobacco products, drugs, psychotropic substances, narcotics, intoxicants of any description and medicines;
viii. items that to your knowledge are defective, fake, damaged, false or misleading or that may through normal use harm another Site user’s interest or health;
ix. non-transferable vouchers; and
a. post items you do not have a right to link to or include;
b. post counterfeit or stolen items;
c. breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies or determinations of your account status;
d. use our Services if you no longer fulfil the eligibility criteria or are not able to form legally binding
contracts, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services;
e. fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in any of our policies;
f. fail to deliver items sold by you (if applicable), unless you have a valid reason as set out in any of our
g. use contact information provided to you during the course of a transaction on the Site to solicit additional sales offline or on another website;
h. manipulate the price of any item;
i. interfere with any other user’s listings;
j. take any action that may undermine the Site’s feedback and ratings systems;
k. post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory or similar content;
l. transfer your account to another party without our prior written consent;
m. distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications or similar;
n. distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm our Services or the interests or property of other users; o. infringe: . the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, "Intellectual Property Rights" ) that belong to or are licensed to us; or
i. any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties;
p. harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent; or
q. circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
. all content included on the Site, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads and software is our property or the property of our licensors. We (or our licensors, as the case may be) retain all right, title and interest in and to the Site and the Services, including, without limitation, all Intellectual Property Rights therein; and
a. all rights, title and interest in and to any information, materials or other content that you provide in connection with your use of the Services, including all Intellectual Property Rights therein, will become our property.
2. You agree that you have no right to use any of our trademarks without our prior written consent.
5. WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS & UNDERTAKINGS
1. You warrant, represent and undertake that:
. you shall fully comply and will at all times continue to fully comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations, including, without limitation, all privacy laws and content regulation;
i. any other agreements to which you are a party to or to which you are otherwise bound by;
d. any content you submit as part of your use of the Services and any products that you list do not violate the rights of any third party anywhere in the world including, without limitation, any Intellectual Property Rights (whether registered or not).
2. Subject to clause 5.1, the Services are provided to you on an “as is” basis without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind. We disclaim all warranties, conditions and representations of any kind, whether express, implied or collateral, including, but not limited to, all conditions, representations or warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular or general purpose, of non-infringement, of compatibility or that the Services are secure or error free or will operate without interruption or will be provided in a timely or proper manner or at all.
3. Furthermore, whilst we attempt to be as accurate as possible, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other content of any Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Additionally, as a buyer, you agree that we are not responsible for examining or warranting the listings or content provided by us or third parties through the Services, and that you will not attempt to hold us liable for any inaccuracies or defects in any of the listings. As a seller, it is your responsibility to review the content of your listings for accuracy and you will not attempt to hold our catalogue/content providers or us responsible for inaccuracies.
6. LIABILITY & INDEMNITIES
a. for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of that party; or
b. for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded under applicable law.
3. In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates and our, and their directors, officers, agents, employees, suppliers, subcontractors or licensors) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses resulting directly or indirectly from: the content or other information you provide when using the Services;
a. your use of or your inability to use our Services;
b. pricing, shipping, format or other guidance provided by us;
c. delays or disruptions in our Services;
d. viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our Services;
e. bugs, errors or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
f. damage to your hardware device from the use of products sold on the Site or our Services;
g. the content, actions or inactions of third parties using our Services;
h. a suspension or other action taken by us with respect to your use of the Services;
i. the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results; or
4. Subject to clause 5.1, if clauses 5.2 or 5.3 are held to be unenforceable or inapplicable for any reason, then the total liability applicable to us, our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates and our, and their directors, officers,
a. the amount of fees in dispute not to exceed the total fees that you paid to us in the twelve (12) months prior
to the action giving rise to the liability; or
b. AED 300.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates and our, and their directors, officers, agents, employee, suppliers, subcontractors or licensors harmless from and against any losses, damages and expenses (including legal fees and attorney’s fees) (“Claims”) arising out of or relating to:
. any claims or demands made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services;
b. your violation of any applicable laws, including, without limitation, data protection or anti-spam laws; or
c. the manner in which you use our Services, including, without limitation, that the content you post, the items you list or your trademarks infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party or that the content of your listings is slanderous, defamatory, obscene or violates any other rights (including privacy rights) of any third party (including other Site users).
7. SUSPENSION, TERMINATION & CANCELLATION
1. Without prejudice to any of our rights and remedies and without any liability to you, we may limit, suspend or withdraw a user’s access to the Services, cancel any product(s) order and/or remove hosted content submitted by you at our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, any amounts paid and received by us in relation to a cancelled product(s) order will be refunded.
10. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any loss or damage or for any delay or failure in performance due to acts beyond the control of such party whether or not such acts could reasonably be anticipated (including acts of God, legislative, judicial or regulatory acts of any provincial or the federal government, court or regulatory authority, acts of any of our subcontractors or any third party providers of goods or Services to us, labor disruptions, blackouts, embargoes).
12. Communications. You may contact us through email, social media or live chat on the Site, or by calling our call center on 00971 - 43540343
13. Survival. All provisions that either expressly or by their nature survive, will survive suspension or termination of your membership of the Site.